10 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

Please don't release videos like this so abruptly. Reason being, I exploded violently after around 15 seconds and am still trying to pick up the pieces. So much awesome content condensed into a video is dangerous! I had to type this with what is left of my arms..

But seriously, good job Chucklefish. This game is shaping up better than games I've seen in years, and I truly believe this game will be revolutionary... reminding today's game designers that charm and depth really bring a game to life.

Axe Garian and tassina like this.
  2. Coulmbai

Coulmbai Industrial Terraformer

I came
    Then i came again.

3. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

It is called Atlas! I love the song.

Axe Garian and tassina like this.
  4. Dariot

Dariot Aquatic Astronaut

This game keeps getting better and better. I hope it lives up to the hype!

NEED BETA NAO.

5. FireDrake204

FireDrake204 Pangalactic Porcupine

Varied doesn't even come close to describing how unique each of these biomes are. Not one of them are even remotely identical, it's insane. I love it.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. LiteShadow1719

LiteShadow1719 Void-Bound Voyager

"Have a question about starbound?"
    Yes.
    Beta release date.

ZobmieRules and samufel like this.
  7. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hurray, more performance improvements, more features, and a delicious biome preview! Great stuff Chucklefish team! :up:

Those brains are pretty freaky though...but I dig them!

I feel like this gets repeated too often, but here it is again anyway: If the devs are aware of bugs, especially ones that are getting in the way of progress and other things, OF COURSE they're going to fix them. The point of the beta is to discover bugs that got missed during the developers' first few comb-throughs, and to ensure everything is running smoothly from multiple players' standpoints prior to the actual release. Tell me, what would be the point of leaving known bugs in for people to run into? What would be the point of the developers intentionally not looking for bugs in things they're working on? Think about that. And please do remain patient while you're at it.

Once again, a beta is a feature-complete version of the game in question that lacks the final polish (tweaks, missed bugs, etc.) of a full release. It isn't an unfinished, bug-ridden version of the game; that would be an alpha, which we are not getting.

8. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

That was freaking awesome, seeing the video just makes me want to play so much more! You guys are evil, and yet kind to show us that :megusta:

I hope the producing continues to go smoothly so we can get your hands, or what's part of our bodies after watching this, into the game!

9. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

yay a video keep up the good work;)

10. Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt Big Damn Hero

A delayed game is eventually good

A rushed game is bad forever

-Shigeru Miyamoto

VoidMetroid, K00L, Axe Garian and 3 others like this.
  11. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Okay this game WILL be good, almost 95% sure. That said.. Duke Nukem Forever. :shudder:

12. Lumine

Lumine Void-Bound Voyager

I absolutely loved it! OMG OMG! it's really worth the wait :laugh:
    Just one question: What about crystal biome/planes? There is some crystal/icy looking trees... but the planet look like a snow one.

tassina likes this.
  13. Mindbender321

Mindbender321 Void-Bound Voyager

Vote for Cthulhu on tentacle planets!

Ronoroa Zoro likes this.
  14. shadowclaw64

shadowclaw64 Void-Bound Voyager

Love Forest video

15. RomyCat

RomyCat Industrial Terraformer

Great job. I watched the vid three times, and each time I noticed details I didn't see before. Several shots took my breath away.

16. Electric0Eye

Electric0Eye Phantasmal Quasar

Chucklefish, that... *sniff* That was beautiful... :cry:

tassina likes this.
  17. DaglessMcChicken

DaglessMcChicken Void-Bound Voyager

looks pretty cool but those brains planets look a bit iffy just strange is all

18. trabnas

trabnas Subatomic Cosmonaut

I lost my hype for beta some time ago, in June. Damn you, now I want to get this so bad (think I-didn't-pee-for-a-week-straight bad)
    Edit: I din't notice a crystal biome planet. I just hope the devs didn't take them out

19. Toasty

Toasty Industrial Terraformer

Metaphorically speaking, I hope you get to pee soon.
    I hope we all do.

trabnas likes this.
  20. Fortis

Fortis Pangalactic Porcupine

Believe me, I am. So many wonderful locations for my superfortress/city. At first I thought an artic base would be cool, then an undersea one, but there's so many good locations, it's hard to choose. Lava sea, endless desert, thick jungle, crystalline mountains, airless moon with majestic planets in the background. I want to build on each one of them.

Eagerly awaiting the beta release. Keep up the good work devs!

Axe Garian likes this.