11th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ian

Ian Subatomic Cosmonaut

great idea, i wish other games did this more

1John5vs7 and samufel like this.
  2. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

Lovin it!

3. Khombhat

Khombhat Master Chief

I love seeing so much player inspired content being taken seriously. Makes me feel like a part of the show.

Love the progress!

4. Mr.Pancake

Mr.Pancake Void-Bound Voyager

I hope you can use the hilt or butt of your gun to attack enemies, or to open locked items

King Leonidas, CalamityQuote and Duke like this.
  5. Mroczyslav

Mroczyslav Space Spelunker

I want the beta so bad now... Thanks for the update!

Silver86 likes this.
  6. ClockworkDreams

ClockworkDreams Big Damn Hero

Truly this post excites me! With things getting done so quickly, that lends hope that we will get our hands on the beta soon!

7. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

o k Blue Raj :rofl: Just make sure you did not accidentally take a spoon...

magnus_vir and King Leonidas like this.
  8. Sam_

Sam_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Naw.
    Just a multi-universal exile, nothing much.

King Leonidas and Demoguy like this.
  9. SlyNinjaRabbit

SlyNinjaRabbit Title Not Found

Oooooh I love the snow world that you have there. Anyways, can you guys please implement hover bikes that I can squash monsters in and speed across the world!

King Leonidas, 1John5vs7 and Silver86 like this.
  10. Bonemeal999

Bonemeal999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Out of curiosity with the quest system i'm worried that for me it might end up like my skyrim where i have an insane amount of quests piled up will that happen in starbound aswell?

King Leonidas likes this.
  11. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?!

12. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

I have never played Skyrim, but every youtube video I have seen, ends up doing the same. I am curious as to why people don't, I don't know actually complete them???

Personally I plan to try and do every quest, for at least my main character.

13. Kane1

Kane1 Void-Bound Voyager

I smell Beta around the corner! :sarcasm: Great work Tiy!

Pyrocarrot likes this.
  14. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It happens for sure. You too when play Skyrim in the future. You start a quest ---> kill enemies or talk to more people (which sometimes propose another quest, and u accept it because there are hundreds of characters and you don't know if you'll remember the place where that NPC is)

Uhm, ok, good luck with that. I've been playing Skyrim with the initial character all the time (more than 300 hours) and can't see the horizon

King Leonidas likes this.
  15. Sitanel

Sitanel Void-Bound Voyager

I need throwable guitars and pianos... badly...

16. Egov

Egov Space Spelunker

17. Murkiness

Murkiness Space Spelunker

Oh wow. Super excited about the quest aspect of the game. I can safely say this game will be much better then Terraria and I haven't even played it yet. Keep up the hard work!

Menasor, King Leonidas and Pyrocarrot like this.
  18. SlyNinjaRabbit

SlyNinjaRabbit Title Not Found

Sounds like you trying to be like The Who! :p

19. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

In my opinion, it would be wise to allow a variety of filters for the inventory (even allow custom filters). For example, you could have it indexed by:

item type
    alphabetical
    reverse alphabetical
    weight (assuming there are physics preventing you from carrying infinite weight...there may not be)
    quantity
    etc.

It would also be nice if you could add a mechanic accessible through a right-click menu that allows you to make certain items sticky in the spot in the inventory where you have them. For example, if you have 2 weapons between which you swap frequently, perhaps you always want them to be in the 0 position of your inventory array, but want to be able to sort the rest of your inventory without losing your alt-weapon in the shuffle.

20. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

IN BEFORE EPIC BATTLE TOADS RECREATIONS! Er...mah...GERSH!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Poor guy never stood a chance. NO ONE did in those darn hover bikes. And so help me, the recreation will be just as maliciously painful >:3

Edit: Can we implement EPIC pause-music in single-player Starbound? That would be gorgeous.

Yeeeeeea, me likey. ~~~~:love: